Office Manager // Ninho ry
Kulttuurikeskus Ninho ry (NINHO) is an association that works to develop a more multicultural and plurilingual children’s culture in Finland. Our flagship project is Kolibrí Festivaali, but we also have other related innitiatives that are starting to grow in scope. The association works mostly through a groupf of 15-20 active members that do it on voluntary basis. We do not have permanent employees, however last year 3 people were employed on part time basis to run the basic activities and aprox. 25 artists and other cultural workers where hired to perform and/or organize/coordinate different events and projects during the year on hourly basis.
We are seeking for an enthusiastic, socially oriented, organized and creative office manager that could support the basic functioning of the organization. This is a part time job (Aprox 5 hours per day) for which we hope to take advantage of the KEHA-TE toimisto salary subsidy scheme for non-profit associations. That means the person must be unemployed, elegible for ”palkkatukki” and have a palkkatuki kortti valid to start around April. The job wil be mostly done online as distant work (we don’t have an office) with regular weekly/monthly meetings with the working team.
Our office manager takes care of few tasks that are important to facilitate the work of the volunteer members and other hired staff for projects. These basic tasks include:
- Following communication and information flows to our membership and partners (members news letters, websites, invitations, etc) together with our communication manager and the secretary of the board
- Monitoring the association information email to answer general queries, direct invoices and other requests to the right people
- Keeping updated our calendar of activities, funds, grants applications and reporting deadlines
- Coordinating and documenting information of diverse projects and activities together with staff, project coordinators, Kolibri producer and the board.
- Other tasks can be adjusted to fit the profile of the person to take advantage of her/his skills and development needs.
The person should have familiarity with spanish and/or portuguese languages, knowledge of finnish or swedish is an advantage (we collaborate with many Finnish institutions)… English skills are highly desirable (we work in a plurilingual environment where that is the most common lingua franca), other languages also a plus.
- Colegial, friendly work environment with a commited and enthusiastic team that believes in what they do
- Interesting and chalenging projects around an important issue with the posibility of improving Finnish society
- Flexible timeschedule
- Possibilities to participate in courses, trainings, etc
We must cover all expenses of hiring the person from the max amount that KEHA TE-Toimisto subsidizes which is 1800€, so depending on the person, the net salary will end being something between 1300-1500€
If you are interested sent a CV and short motivation letter to email@example.com by 7th April 2023.